Thank you for accessing the web site owned and operated by Marksman Furnishings, LLC (here after referred to as “Marksman”,“marksmanfurnishings.com”, “we”, “our” and “us”) located at the URL www.marksmanfurnishings.com (the “Site”).
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site to which this Site links or that links to this Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information Collection.
Our goal in collecting personal information from you on the Site is to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We use your personal information to:
- Help make this Site easier to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- Help us provide content on this Site that is relevant to you.
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Process your Orders
- Create a record of the products you have purchased from us
- Contact you regarding the status of your order
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site.
Registration and Ordering. When you are using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and if you are purchasing a product, your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
Email Address. This Site permits you to enter your email address to: download a catalog or other product information, to sign up for our email newsletter, or to sign up to receive information from us concerning events where we will be displaying our products, special offers we make, or other marketing and advertising. You have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us.
Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you, and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- We may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site in our email messages. We track click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our communications and to determine interest in particular topics. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Our emails may also use pixel tags that tell us whether an email has been opened. We use this information for our internal marketing and administrative purposes.
Log Files. We collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data automatically and store it in log files. We use this information for our internal marketing and administrative purposes, to analyze trends, to administer Websites accessed through the url www.marksmanfurnishings.com, to learn about user behavior, to improve our content, services, and products, and to gather demographic information about our customer base
Product Reviews. You may choose to submit a product review. If you post a review, we will ask for your email address and geographic location. If you submit a review, your geographic location will be visible to other users (your email address will be kept private). Any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review without disclosing any personal information.
- Information Use and Disclosure.
Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site’s content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our Site, your orders, promotions, newsletters, deliveries, and all other general communications. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance).
External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and offer you a great selection of products – we primarily sell furniture, not information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that:
- We sometimes use third parties to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as CEVA Logistics) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our products and services, and measure and improve the quality of the service provided by third parties. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy our products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number and other personal information to credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number to our credit card processor for authorization, we use data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security).
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We will publicly disclose the name, city, and state of any winner of any web site giveaway.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities.
Access to your personal information is restricted. Only personnel who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, and an electronic firewall. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Upon request, we will (a) correct, delete, or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by telephoning or emailing your request to our Customer Support department at 1-800-895-1943 or email@example.com. Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE, & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may also collect information offline, where we also try to protect the privacy of your personal information. For example, you call us to place an order or to ask a question. If you call, we will ask for the personal information we need to place an order or to answer a question. When we need to store personal information (such as order information), we will enter it into our database.
There are other ways we could learn of personal information offline (for example, if you sent a letter to us which included your name or return address information).
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
THIRD PARTY PRACTICES
By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of your information in the manner we describe.